Sunday, November 12, 2006

Wolf Hollow

Yesterday I woke up quite early for a Saturday morning (8 AM), got ready, and went on a 2+ hour drive to Ipswich, Mass. to go to a place called Wolf Hollow. This family raises a pack of wolves for the purpose of preserving this incredible species and to educate the public about the importance of wolves. This was truly an awesome field trip and definitely worth the 5 hours in the van.

The woman that runs the facility isn't the friendliest of folks, disappointingly.. we got there early.. around 12:30 and wanted to park and wait but we were quickly informed that the gates absolutely do not open until 1 pm sharp.. so we drove 2+ hours to pay you and see your sanctuary but we can't park a half-hour early? Come on lady.. honestly..

On the way to and from Wolf Hollow I took advantage of my knitting time (even though I should have used the time for homework..) and knit a good portion of my dad's birthday hat. Although it seems a bit small and not at stretchy as I had hoped so maybe this won't be the actually birthday hat, I'll just have to make another one.

What a lovely Sunday it is.. pouring rain and completely gloomy weather. I suppose thats good reason for me to study for my exam tomorrow.. fun old Anatomy and Physiology!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

btw, the wolves sound like our hounds